Microblading, a form of permanent makeup and shading for eyebrows, lets you forgo the eyebrow pencils and powders during your everyday routine. A Glow Skin Care & Laser we use a number of techniques to help our clients achieve their dream brows. During the procedure ink is inserted into the skin, similar to tattooing, using one or more of the techniques stated below. These permanant eyebrows last up to two years and can remain fresh and beautiful longer with yearly touch-ups.
Using a blade needle, microblading creates long, hair-like strokes. These strokes create the illusion of individual hairs within the brow-line.
Using an electronic hand-held device, tiny dots of ink are added to the brow-line creating the appearance of shading withing the brow.
Combo brows are a combinations of the microblading and micropowdering techniques to create hair-like strokes as well as shading throughout the brow.
Microblading $199 *SPECIAL*
Micro-Powdering $199 *SPECIAL*
Combo Brows $199 *SPECIAL*
6 Week Touch Up $50
Before Your Appointment…
Avoid the use of alcohol, caffeine, aspirin, aspirin-containing medications, ibuprofen, or any blood thinners for 24 hours before any procedure. Check with your physician if you are taking any prescription blood thinners (No medication should be discontinued without first consulting your physician).
You may be slightly swollen and red after the procedure, so it best not to make any social plans for the same evening or the following day depending on how sensitive your skin is.
You may have been given numbing cream to take home and apply yourself prior to your microblading appointment. This is to be applied to the eyebrow 45 minutes before your appointment. Ensure the cream is applied to the skin beneath the eyebrow hairs. Entirely saturate the skin beneath and around the brow area.
During Your Appointment…
- If you did not receive numbing cream prior to your appointment, we will apply the numbing cream and you will have 45 minutes to relax before we begin the procedure.
- Our aesthetician will remove the numbing cream and begin mapping the brows. This is where we will review the eyebrow shape and colour with you.
- The microblading begins! Numbing serum is applied throughout the procedure to ensure the experience is comfortable. The procedure takes 1.5-2 hours.
After Your Microblading Appointment…
Your new eyebrows will begin to darken by the end of day and may continue to appear darker and larger (thicker, bigger) than you would like. This is normal and part of the body’s natural healing process. DO NOT PANIC! This is expected. Swelling should subside within a few days. You must follow the aftercare instructions provided to you for best results. DO NOT PICK OR PEEL YOUR SCABS! Doing so may result in scarring, keloids, uneven patchy colour, and prolonged redness that can last for several months.
Your skin will be temporarily sensitized after the treatment and you should adhere to the following instructions for the next 5 days. This will help avoid infection and will allow time for the skin to recover.
If you apply make-up during the 5 days following the treatment, do so at your own risk. You can cleanse the treated area with fragrance free make ip cleansing tissue or sterile isotonic saline solutiom 2 or 3 times a day, if needed.
Apply your vitamin gel/ skin balm with a clean cotton swab only. Healing will take up to one weeek, and it is perfectly normal for the treated area to scab. These grabs will disapear shortly if left alone.
It is normal for the colour to fade during the two weeks following the treatment.
During the post treatment period, please try and avoid the following:
- Touching the treated area. DO NOT TOUCH OR PICK the small scabs that may appear after the treatments.
- Using soaps, cleansers, creansm or makeup on the treated area.
- Facial treatments, including eyelash or eyebrow tinting or tweezing, electrolysis, waxing, etc.
- Any abrasive products, rough towels, etc.
- Sunbathing, using sunbeds, or swimming.
- Using any form of bleach or depilatory products.
- Should an infection occur, seek medical attention.
- Do not exercise for at least 4 days.
It is imperative to book a touch-up appointment with your technician within 4-6 weeks from your first treatment.
Still want to learn more about microblading? Click here!