After care is incredibly important for any skin care procedure, however Microneedling after care is of great importance considering we are purposefully damaging the skin. Providing the skin with everything it needs to heal and REGENERATE is our goal!
Microneedling is a fabulous, minimally invasive procedure that allows your skin to naturally build collagen, greatly dimish acne scars, dark spots, and smoothes fine-lines and wrinkles. It also stimulates natural growth factors within the skin.
Althought microneedling isn’t nearly as invasive as other procedures, such as botox and cosmetic surgery, it does require a recovery period for optimal results.
At the conclusion of the microneedling appointment your skin will be raw, red, and burning. You may look in the mirror and think “oh my goodness, what have I done?” Please do not fret. Here are your next steps:
- You will feel soreness and burning immediately following the procedure. Do not take ibuprofen, motrin, or advil as these medications will disrrupt the inflammatory process that is necessary for skin rejuventation. You may only use TYLENOL!
- The majority of people find that healing process lasts from 2-5 days. During this time, please avoid unnecessary touching of the face.
- Please avoid sunlight, strenuous exercise, and applying makeup in the 48 hours following your appointment due to sensitive of the skin and open pores.
- Hault your regular skin care routine for the next 48 hours following your needling treatment. For these 48 hours you will apply nothing to the skin except for cool or luke warm water and pure hyaluronic acid serum.
- If you have completed your procedure with Glow Skin Care and Laser, we will provide you with hyaluronic acid serum. During the 48 hours following your treatment you will apply the serum (with clean hands, please!) once every two hours or as needed to soothe the skin.
- After the first 48 hours you may begin to use a gentle cleanser on the skin. If rawness if no longer felt or visible, you may also use a gentle scrub at this time to remove some of the peeling that will begin to occur. As always, do not pick at rawness or peeling skin.
- 72 hours post treatment you can return to your regual skin care regime.
- For optimal results, we recommend a follow-up treatment after 4-6 weeks. Please continue to avoid direct sunlight and apply sunscreen regularly for healthy, thriving skin.
Immediately After Microneedling Treatment
“Raw” feeling skin, with burning or tingling sensations. Sensative to the touch.
24 Hours Post Treatment
Decreased redness and very little to no “raw” feeling. Some visible needling marks.
72 Hours Post Treatment
Redness almost entirely reduced. Skin begins flaking. Feel free to use a gentle scrub at this stage.